1. What drew you to Street Photography?
The human theatre is attracting me to tell stories through what takes place in front of my eyes.
2. Do you do any creative or other types of photography?
I think every kind of photography (or almost everything) is interesting ,so i shoot whatever.Apart from the street,I think i also like as well to shoot landscape,portraiture,architecture and still life.
3. How did you start getting your name and pictures out there?
My photos are mainly uploaded in flickr.I have participated in some online magazines ,in two exhibitions in my town in Crete,in two street photography collectives, the streephers and the street photographers and i have curated two books : venustreet – black & white candids and venustreet – colour candids .
The last year i started a blog : http://dirtyharrry.blogspot.com/ ,where photos of mine and other photographers’ work is presented.
4.How much time to you spend shooting pictures versus marketing?
I generally try in my free time to spend more time out in the streets shooting rather than being in front of a computer.When this doesn’t happen ,i feel something is not going well with me. I also like to spend time looking other people’s photos.
5. How do you work ethics into Street Photography? What won’t you shoot?
I think “ethics” is totally subjective.When i hold a camera I don’t feel i am doing something immoral,i just shoot photos.However i almost never shoot homeless people or people who are begging for money etc.
6. Do you use Canon, Nikon, Leica, or what type of camera and computer do you use?
I would love to shoot with a Leica M9,but Leica wouldn’t love at all to sell me an M9 in a Canon price.So i shoot with Canon and every part is happy : Canon that took my money,me that i didn’t lose my money with a Leica and also Leica that didn’t sell an M9 in a Canon price.But when i look someone’s photos i think his camera is just a pencil for writing,what is important for me is what he writes ,not his pencils.
7. Have you ever been confronted by police or unhappy people? If so what happened?
By police : once in Madrid and once in Athens. Nothing happened with them,i wasn’t the spy or the public enemy that they expected to catch.
By unhappy people : i can’t remember how many times,some of them had wild reactions.
Anyway,all these incidents are less than 1% of the total number of street photos i have taken and finally this is not something important to worry about.
8. Do you use Flickr, Google +, 500PX or other photo sites?
I use flickr, facebook, twitter, google+, youtube.
9. Do you watermark or logo your pictures you put up on the web?
No,for me photos are like pissed when watermarked.
10. What makes a Good Street Photo different from a Snapshot on the street?
I think only time will tell. We will remember a good photo for many years,no matter if it is a snapshot or anything else.